Thursday, October 29, 2009

Elphi Students work on iMacs and MacBooks


Elphistudents
Originally uploaded by bobsd46
I worked with some Elphi students today, teaching them how to create a blog using Blogspot. I also visited another class where the students were using the computers to do research about universities, colleges, and other post secondary institutions to attend in the coming years.

The other day, a teacher had asked me how to get a jpeg from Pages for Mac. So, I decided to create this collage using Pages. Pages won't export as a jpg, but it will as a pdf. I then opened the PDF in Apple's preview program which allows files to be exported to jpg. Once I did that, I opened it in iPhoto, trimmed off the white margins, header and footer, and voila. Good practice for me, and now to post this on my blog for the teacher to see.

No comments: