Saturday, March 31, 2007

Visiting some grade 6 bloggers

About 6 weeks ago I spent some time with three teachers in our district to talk about the ways in which student blogging might used to improve written output. Last week I visited one of the classes and talked with the students and their teacher about the experience to date. We also looked at some other student blogs and discussed what the characteristics of a good comment are.

I did an impromptu interview of some students, walking around the room with my microphone equipped iPod.

I left the raw .wav file with the teacher and he turned it into a What we learn from blogging podcast posted on his weekly blog update to parents.

If you were going to tell these students what you have learned from blogging, what would you say?

No comments: