Monday, December 1, 2008

Dance for a Cause




Elias holds on to Eibhlin as he judges the dance contest.







A student holds Caia, while watching the dancers do their thing.







Students from Gibsons Elementary School (where I first taught in 1974!) held a benefit dance for my son-in-law, Elias, as he battles the cancer in his brain.

Gibsons Elementary Principal, Mark Heidebrecht, reported on this event in his blog. Thanks to the students from Gibsons and their guests from Langdale, Cedar Grove, and Roberts Creek for making this event a great success. 

Tomorrow (Tuesday, December 2), Elias has his next MRI. Here is praying it is a good one!

Photo credit... my daughter Chelsea who loves photography almost as much as I do!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Today is a very sad day for me. I was searching for my old friend Elias and learned of his fate.
I had the pleasure to work with Elias at an Italian restaurant in Vancouver. Elias was one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. The fun I had with him will be with me forever. His heart is solid gold.
I will always remember him. Please pass on my sympathy to Chelsea and his two daughters.
Mike