Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back to School

I know that for some of you, back to school has already happened. For us on the British Columbia Sunshine Coast it all gets back in gear on September 8, next Tuesday. What an exciting day.

For me, there is some nostalgia as for yet another year, I will not have a specific school to go to. Imagine... I think back 35 years to this first school day in September, 1974, as I was starting my career in this school district. Yes, I had already taught for three years, but this was a new, wonderful experience to come. Wow, 35 years ago. And today, I occasionally see some of my students from back in the early 70s and I have even taught, or been a principal, for some of their children.

I hope this is a good year for you and your children/students. And, I'll even try to write more this school year. Yes, I know, I've said that before, but maybe this year will be different.

No comments: