Thursday, September 14, 2017

IsaBody Challenge



On May 25, after being on the modified nutrition program that Judy and I began for a while, I decided to start the 16 week IsaBody Challenge. There is no cost to the challenge, and there are prizes for those who complete the challenge.


I figured that doing this would be just one more step towards committing to make this change to my nutritional lifestyle. When this photo was taken on day one, I was 90.5 kg (199.5 lb).

Weigh in today and I am 79.1 kg (174.4 lb). I have also lost many inches in body measurement and dropped my pant size from a 42 to a 34.

I also have more energy in the day and can walk up and down stairs with significantly less pain in my knees.

The shakes and the cleanse days are the most significant factors in the change, but also a new attitude towards eating. I cook less quantity of food for the main meal of the day, am more conscious of the types of carbohydrates that I put onto the plate and make my snacks smaller and healthier. I do eat more often in the day as well.

Another contributing factor has been the amazing weather we have had for the past three months. After a dismal start to the year where little golf was played, the months of June to September have been glorious and I have been out on the course a lot, so increasing my walking.

I know that come the fall and the decline again in playing golf I will have to make some exercise changes and the idea right now is to start swimming, or exercising in the water, and visiting the gym again. In the past when I have gone to the gym it was only with short term goals, or no specific goals, in mind and this time I will have some.

In a few weeks Judy and I will be off on a two week cruise and I am conscious that I will be eating and drinking more. However, I am targeting to keep the really good food volume down and make better choices about the kinds of food and how often I take it in. There are many opportunities on a cruise to manage potential weight gain and these will be top of mind while still enjoying a great couple of weeks. Then, when back home again towards the end of October, back to the meal focus on the balanced nutrition and protein pacing with intermittent cleansing.



No comments: