Wednesday, October 25, 2017

How much did I gain?

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. Despite the fact that is was in the hurricane ravaged Caribbean, our itinerary was changed so that we only visited ports that were either not hit, or were not hit too badly. Damage we saw was minimal and that was good to see. The weather was excellent except for one day when it poured with rain and that happened to be a day I had booked a photography tour so that turned out very poorly.

In a previous post I commented on having read that the average cruiser gains about a pound a day. We have cruised before and in the past I have been pretty close to that number so was thinking I would have to make changes to my onboard habits to avoid gaining too much.

Because of my learning about myself and my eating habits through my change to the Isagenix model of protein balancing and what I really needed to take in to satisfy myself, I lost about 40 pounds before the cruise. This had a number of effects on me. One was that I could comfortably sit on low lounge chairs and get up. That sounds pretty simplistic, but the reality is that before this cruise I would decline to do this. On the beach or on the deck of the ship I felt more comfortable. 

My Apple watch prompted me
to keep on task every day
Another change was that while I always set a goal to visit the gym and walk on the deck my goal would last for a day or so - maybe doing it again another day, but with no consistency. On this trip, I walked every day - sometimes on the deck, sometimes on the treadmill and sometimes both in the day. I also started to do some weight work in the gym and did that for at least 15 minutes a day. 

For meals I ate to a level of satisfaction. At home I never eat pastries in the morning, but on previous cruises I would have a couple. On this trip, none to start the day. I found I enjoyed fruit and muselix for breakfast and would have one egg and a bit of bacon every few days. I avoided toast on almost every day. For lunches, I would have salads and for dinner I ate what I needed of the food I wanted, not multiple helpings. I even enjoyed the burger bar a few times and the bbq place. We ate a couple of times in the value added restaurants and even enjoyed a dinner on our deck. From a food perspective nothing was really missed. We also had unlimited drink packages and enjoyed that with some degree of moderation. 
As far as Isagenix was concerned for this trip, we took some shakes to have on the way there and on the way back instead of buying in restaurants or on the plane or in the terminals. We took comfort and acelleration tablets, powdered cleanse and ionix extreme to have daily on the ship. 

It all worked.

I gained 2 pounds during the 18 days away and when we got home we both did a 2 day cleanse. I am now about a pound more than I was 3 weeks ago and I can easily live with that :)

Now to move forward. I still believe I have some weight to lose and I know that golf season is close to being over. Today I joined the local community centre and paid for three months in advance to convince me to bring my per visit cost down. 

I am a third of the way through my second Isabody 16 week challenge and I am feeling good about that too.


Cheers … Bob

1 comment:

C-GIB said...

Congrats Bob! Glad to hear the cruise was successful with your (and Judy's) new normal!