Thursday, May 25, 2017

After 8 days

Well, here is the snapshot from my scale ... down 11.4 pounds from last week's initial weigh-in. I know that there are many reasons why a change in diet can affect weight change, but I also know from what I have read that measurements on a scale are not the only factors to consider when you are trying to make changes.

The Isagenix program I am on also encourages measuring loss of inches in various places and this week has seen me lose 10.9 of those. Mind you, it is easier to get that number up since they have you measure in so many places including the arms, knees, calves and thighs. I'm speculating that they encourage you to measure there because they also recommend lots of exercise to grow some muscle in those areas. In my mid-section, I've lost and still have lots to go if I want to achieve some measurement goals.

I do want to send out thanks again to my friend Kim who inspired me to give this a go and to Michael who talked me through some ideas when I was considering starting. One thing I was concerned about was that I am heading away for a week of golfing with friends tomorrow and then a week of winery stops after that. I asked if I should not even start the plan until I returned. He encouraged me to start 8 days ago and this week I have developed a schedule to use some of the products while I am away and to consider what else I eat as being health smart.

With respect to other contributing factors, the weather has been much better this past week and I am getting out on the golf course with friends. On thing that the weight loss has done might sound like minor things, but I can bend easier to tie up my golf shoes, and bend easier to pick the ball out of the hole.

As well, I find the Isagenix online community on Facebook to be populated by many with strong goals and who are willing to share their successes, or the odd daily failure, which is good to read.

It will likely be more than a couple of weeks before my next bit of writing. Take care! Cheers ... Bob

No comments: